The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is offering free online Aadhaar card updates until June 14. Aadhaar updates typically cost Rs 50. However, it is free to update demographic information online via the UIDAI official website up to June 14. The free service, however, is restricted to changing demographic information such as name, residence, DOB, gender, cellphone number, and email.
Why Should You Update Your Aadhaar Details?
The UIDAI, Aadhaar’s regulatory and regulating agency, has made it mandatory for Indian people to update their Aadhaar information every 10 years. Furthermore, the government has recently introduced several guidelines for updating children’s Aadhaar data. According to the legislation, when the child reaches the age of 15, the Indian resident must provide all biometrics for updates.
The obligation was issued to guarantee the correctness of papers associated with Aadhaar. Updating the data would help the government improve Aadhaar-related services and increase the success rate of Aadhaar authentication.
The person can only update the aadhaar card details only after submitting all the necessary and required documents and also visiting the Aadhar seva centers for the biometrics updation.
Why Can Just Demographic Information Be Changed Online?
One can enter their demographic verification papers such as name, address, DOB, gender, cell phone number, and email online. However, to update biometric data, such as a picture, iris, or fingerprint, the verification procedure requires scanning, which can only be done at an Aadhaar Seva enrollment center.
For example, if you wish to change your photo, you cannot just upload a passport-size photo. Instead, the Aadhaar executive at the enrollment center will capture your photo on the spot and manually update it in the UIDAI’s database to ensure the accuracy of your Aadhaar and to prevent Aadhaar-related fraud.
How To Update Aadhaar Details Online
If you wish to update your demographic details, below mentioned is the list of steps you can follow.
- Visit the UIDAI website at uidai.gov.in.
- By choosing the “My Aadhaar” option, select “Update Your Aadhaar” from the drop-down menu.
- You will be taken to the “Update Aadhaar Details (Online)” page. Proceed by clicking “Proceed to Update Aadhaar.”
- Type in your Aadhaar number and the verification code for the Captcha, then select “Send OTP.”
- Type in the OTP that you were sent, then click “Login.”
- On the following screen, select the demographic information you want to change, then carefully enter the new information.
- Once the changes have been made then click “Submit.”
- Upload the necessary scanned documents and then click “Submit Update Request.”
- After submitting the request, your registered mobile phone will send you an Update Request phone (URN). Save this URN for tracking purposes.
- To find out the current situation, go to myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in and select “Check Enrolment & Update Status.”
- To view the status of your update, enter your URN number and the captcha.