Did you know that you won’t be able to withdraw your EPFO savings until your details at Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation matches the ones in your Aadhaar Card?
How to Update Personal Details at EPFO?
If your details with both these documentations mismatch, it could be a problem for you and you would have to update the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation’s details according to your Aadhaar Card details. If you are wondering how to do it, then follow the step by step procedure below.
- Visit the official website of the Member Unified Portal (EPFO) by clicking on the given link.
- Login with the website using your UAN number and password.
- Go to ‘Manage’ followed by clicking on ‘Modify Basic Details’.
- Here you can update your personal details like your name, DOB and Aadhaar Number.
- Once done, click on ‘Save/Submit’ and confirm ‘Yes.’
- Finally ask your employer to approve the ‘Name Change Request.’
You could be required to produce a valid document as proof of your Date of Birth to change it in EPFO and here are the acceptable documents:
- Birth Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card or e-Aadhaar.
- School certificate or any education-related document.
- Employee certificate based on service records of the state or central government organisation.
- Any other valid document issued by the central government.
In this article we learnt how we can update our personal information at Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation as per our Aadhaar Card. We also discussed the importance of having the same information in both the documents.
Since I am summarising this article, I will mention once more that in case of mismatching details in the mentioned documents, you won’t be able to withdraw your retirement money from EPFO account.
Share this article with people who might have mismatching information on both these documents.