The first opportunity of 2020 is here for the defense aspirants to turn their dream of being in uniform into a reality. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the National Defence Academy, NDA NA (1) 2020 notification on Wednesday, January 8.
The commission has also started the process of application for the exam on its official website: https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php. With over 400 vacancies up for grab, this is an opportunity that you must latch on. Here are some more details in this regards.
To make sure that you don’t miss on any updates related to the exam it is essential that you must be aware of the important dates related to the examination process. Making that easy for you here we table the important dates related to the exam process:
|Start of Online Application Process||8th January 2020|
|Last Date For Applying Online||28th January 2020 (Upto 6:00 PM)|
|Last Date For Paying Application Fee||28th January 2020|
|Date Of Exam||19th April 2020|
Candidates are advised to make an application well before the last date to avoid rush in the closing hours.
Also Read: As 20 Years Wait Ends With 1st Chief of Defence Staff, Here Is All You Need To Know About The Post
Before making an application it is important that you check your suitability in accordance with the eligibility criteria listed in the official notification. Don’t go searching as we have listed the eligibility criteria’s here for you:
- Age: Candidate must be unmarried and born in between 02/07/2001 to 01/07/2004
- Education Qualification: (i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University. (ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian 6 Naval Academy:12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
The Vacancies are distributed in accordance with the three wings of Indian armed forces that is Army, Navy, and Airforce. The details in this regards are tabulated below:
|Army||Navy||Airforce||Naval Academy (Cadet Entry)|
Application Fee is applicable for certain categories of students while for others it is exempted. The details about the application fee is tabled below:
|INR 100||INR 100||NIL||NIL|
Also Read: These Are The Most Viewed Indian Videos On YouTube And We’re Not Kidding
- Visit the official website: https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
- Fill in the Registration form and click submit
- Password and Login ID would be generated
- Use the details generated during the registration process for login
- Fill in the detailed application form and upload signature and photograph
- Preview the filled form
- Correct mistakes (if any)
- Pay the Application Fee (if applicable) and click on Submit
- Download the application form and save it for future references