In the latest post, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) recently informed that now the mAadhaar app, which is available in 13 languages, offers over 35 Aadhaar online services in a single app. “Get more than 35 Aadhaar services like download eAadhaar, update status, locate Aadhaar Kendra etc. on your smartphone,” UIDAI said in a tweet.
The Aadhaar-issuing authority further added in another tweet, “For the best experience of the #mAadhaar App, uninstall any previously installed versions. Download the latest version.”
What is mAadhaar?
mAadhaar, besides being an online Aadhaar Card for you, also offers a host of services that you can rely on.
- Via the mAadhaar app, you can download the Aadhaar card online, get it reprinted and also retrieve a lost or forgotten Aadhaar.
- mAadhaar users can download the Aadhaar card in the app itself.
- You can show the Aadhaar in offline mode using the app particularly when residents are required to show their ID proof.
- The app can be used to update your address on the Aadhaar card.
- You can manage and keep all your family members (maximum 5) Aadhaar cards in one single app using the mAadhaar app.
- Also, using the app, you can share paperless eKYC or QR code to service providing agencies.
- Secure Aadhaar by Locking Aadhaar or Biometrics.
- If you have locked your Aadhaar and don’t want to share it, you can use the app to generate or retrieve VID, which users can use in the place of Aadhaar to avail Aadhaar services.
- After enrolling for a new Aadhaar card, ordering a reprint or more, you can check the status of the order on the mAadhaar app.
- You can also book an appointment to visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra using the app.
- Time-based One-Time Password can be used instead of SMS based OTP to avail Aadhaar Online Services available on the UIDAI website
- mAadhaar can also help you to locate the nearest enrollment centre.