The people of UP can now travel to neighbouring, Noida and Ghaziabad as per the revised guidelines by the UP government. The government added that those living in Delhi, however, will not be allowed to enter Noida. The government released the guidelines after the Centre extended lockdown till May 31.
Gautam Buddha Nagar authorities said entry would be denied for anyone from Delhi seeking entry in Noida. “This is to inform all concerned that status quo shall be maintained between Delhi Noida Border for now,” the authorities tweeted.
Currently, Uttar Pradesh, India’s most populous state, has over 4,200 COVID-19 cases.
Here’s what will be allowed and what will not be allowed in Uttar Pradesh:
- As per the revised guidelines, inter-state travel has not been prermitted by the Uttar Pradesh government yet, either for buses or private vehicles.
- All restaurants can open but can’t allow dinning. They can offer home delivery services. Sweet shops can open but only for takeouts.
- All industrial activity outside containment zones will be allowed.
- All markets, except malls, can open but on different days, on a rotational basis. The schedule will be decided by district registration.
- Vegetable markets to function for retail buyers only between 6 am to 9 am each morning
- Two passengers other than driver are allowed in four-wheelers.
- Only women pillion riders allowed on two-wheelers.
- Those below 10, above 65, pregnant women and people with other health conditions or co-morbidites must stay indoors.