An experienced Business Controller is being hired by GUCCI in Mumbai. Financial services including business planning and performance analysis, risk management, tax preparation, and administration will be used to help the company. This role is a strong business partner for the Tax Compliance Manager and immediately reports to the Chief Accountant, India.
The goal of this position is to further accelerate and support the decision-making process when evaluating business opportunities of an aggressive corporate strategy developed to achieve or exceed the business and financial objectives of the region. This position is responsible for effective financial management, ensuring proper tracking of profitability for various business channels.
The following are all the job’s specifics:
What you’ll be doing is:
- Accountable for management reporting, company performance reporting, variance analysis, and supplying management team and corporate with timely, accurate financial information to assist strategic decision-making;
- By putting in place suitable internal controls at the firm, protecting the assets of the company and guaranteeing the integrity of the financial operations and reporting;
- Oversee the maintenance of corporate governance norms and measures and the enforcement of statutory compliance;
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs) should be reviewed, updated, and made sure they are followed by all relevant Functional Teams;
- maintain tight financial controls, which include checking all general ledger and bank account reconciliations;
- Review all journal entries impacting the general ledger and assist directly in their preparation and posting as necessary;
- communicate with government agencies, internal and external auditors, and auditors;
- Find ways to improve the ERP system, financial procedures, and software integration;
- Create and put into action risk management measures, such as providing an appropriate infrastructure to support operations and reducing exposure to financial and legal risk;
- Organize, prepare, and deliver reports and analyses by channel for management and other departments to manage controlling operations.
- Establish goals or KPIs for Receivables and Payables in order to meet your working capital needs.
- Ad hoc business analysis should be prepared for management.
- Manage business expenses, process bills from other parties and inside the same organisation, execute pre- and post-payment controls, and ensure timely delivery and compliance with corporate and regulatory standards;
- Treasury, credit controls, and cash management should all be managed to increase liquidity for everyday operating needs;
- track important operational parameters that evaluate the effectiveness of accounts payable and promote ongoing development;
- AP processes and procedures that promote efficiency, usability, scalability, integration with financial systems, end-to-end transparency, and a great user experience should be defined, put into place, and monitored cross-functionally;
- answer questions from stakeholders and vendors;
- Help with all year-end statutory reporting tasks, including audits, corporate tax filings, and GST submissions (including preparation of audit schedules, and managing audit queries and issues).
- As long as it complies with local regulatory standards, supports the company’s goal of being completely paperless (re-designing controls, practices and processes).
Requisites for this position:
- minimum degree in finance, business, or accounting; a management post-graduate degree with a CPA or CA is advantageous;
- 7+ years of relevant experience working in a global setting, ideally in the retail or service sectors of luxury or fashion.
- strong numerical and analytical abilities with experience in forecasting, planning, and budgeting.
- a history in operational accounting that is very good, with the ability to pay close attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and experience in a compliance function;
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities at all organisational levels.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, including the capacity to persuade, cooperate, and inspire others.
» Apply Here: https://careers.gucci.com/