Vande Bharat Express trains will now have 25 new advancements and upgrades, including some passenger-friendly additions as well as technical and safety modifications. Vande Bharat Express trains have come as the next generation of contemporary train sets for travel on India’s railway network.
Indian Railways now offers 50 Vande Bharat train services on 25 routes. When Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw visited the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai, a new color scheme of orange and grey for the Vande Bharat trains was also announced. Vaishnaw had said that the Vande Bharat trains now in production at the ICF will have 25 upgrades.
List Of New Advancements On Vande Bharat Trains
- Improved top trim panel for improved aesthetics and panel rigidity in coaches
- Accessible doors for electrical maintenance trailer coaches have doors for easy maintenance.
- Change the emergency stop push button in the driver’s control panel for easier operation and access by the loco pilot.
- Hinged transparent door assembly for fire extinguishers in coaches to improve visibility in the event of an emergency
- Driver desks in Driving Trailer Coaches are uniformly colored for improved visibility and attractiveness.
- High-rise pantographs are used in places where the scenery and OHE are more prominent.
- The toilet handle has been curved to increase grip.
- Improved hammer box lid for easier access in case of emergency.
- Standardized colors will be chosen for bathroom panels with similar hues all over
- Borderless emergency speaks back unit to match panel backdrop to interact with driver in case of emergency.
- Inside the coaches, an improved aerosol-based fire detection and suppression system has been installed.
- Insulation over panels improves air tightness for improved air conditioning.
- Smooth touch controls for baggage rack lighting are achieved by switching from resistive to capacitive touch.
- To improve the looks of the coaches, single-piece FRP panels were modified.
- Seats in the Executive Chair Car have an extended footrest.
- Provision of a fastening place for Divyangjan passengers’ wheelchairs in Driving Trailer coaches with Divyangjan seats.
- Toilet lighting was upgraded from 1.5 watts to 2.5 watts.
- Improved roller blind fabric with increased tear strength and decreased transparency
- Aerator for water taps to improve water flow control
- Magazine bags for Executive Chairs and Car Class End Seats
- Cushion hardness optimization
- Increasing the reclining angle of the seat
- Increase wash basin depth to reduce water splashing in restrooms.
- The mobile charging port under the seats is now more easily accessible.
- The color of the seat of the Executive Chair The car was painted “pleasant blue” instead of red.
While improving the AC Chair Car Vande Bharat trains, Indian Railways plans to introduce a sleeper variation of this premium train. Multiple projects are in the works for the sleeper variant: ICF plans to roll out a prototype next year, Russia’s TMH and India’s RVNL have signed an agreement to manufacture 120 Vande Bharat sleeper variants, BHEL-Titagarh will produce 80 more, and an aluminum train set project is also in the works.