Mindless eating and mindful eating have a very thin line. Mindless eating results in weight gain, overeating, etc. Alternatively, mindful eating results in weight loss, prevent overeating and maintain optimum nutrients in the body. Mindful eating generally uses mindfulness to reach a state of attention to your experiences, cravings, and physical cues. Moreover, it includes easting slowly, avoiding distractions, eating only you are hunger, and appreciating your meal.
Understand the Difference Between Mindful and Mindless Eating
To stay fit and healthy, it is important to know and understand the difference between mindless eating and mindful eating. Let’s understand the difference between these two terms with one of our nutritionist.
- This eating method generally deals with knowing the difference between head hunger and physical hunger.
- In this method of eating, you eat food based on how healthy they are.
- In mindful eating, it is vital focusing on your food.
- This eating method deals with eating whenever you feel like it.
- Mindless eating includes foods like burger, pizza, ice cream, doughnuts, etc.
- Here, you mainly eat food while watching TV, movies, etc.
The celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar says that you should focus only on your meal while eating. Keep away all the distracting elements, such as a tablet, phone, book, TV, and newspaper. Eating in this manner prevents overeating and results in weight loss.
If you want to lose weight, ensure you follow mindful eating. It not only changes your eating behaviours but also helps in reducing stress.
You should eat your meals slowly in order to practice mindful eating and weight loss. In addition to this, you may chew your food properly and avoid distractions. You may only 80% full and avoid stuffing yourself.
This article only includes basic suggestions. Therefore, it is suggested to consult with your doctor for further information.