Immunity passport or vaccine passport is generally a document proof that shows a person is vaccinated against Covid-19. In the Covid-19 pandemic, a vaccine passport has become a requirement for people who wish to start travel again. Now, the question is who needs them.
Who Wants Immune Passport?
In March this year, China rolled out its digital vaccine passport which is accessible through an app that allows authorities to verify the individual’s vaccination status by scanning a QR code. Additionally, Japan announced a similar digital vaccine passport in April. After China and Japan, the UK announced the immune passport in May.
How To Get Immune Passport?
The Indian government has now updated the Aarogya Setu app to link people their passport to their vaccination status. As per the Aarogya Setu step-wise guide, you can your immune passport by following these steps:
- Vaccinated people may log in to http://cowin.gov.in
- Then go to the “Account Details” section and hit the “Raise Issue” tab
- Now, you will get three options and you may choose the “Add Passport Details” option. It will open a separate page. Here, you are required to choose your name.
- Then, fill up passport number accurately in the “Enter Beneficiary’s Passport Number” section
- Now, check the declaration box and click on the “Submit Request” tab.
- You will receive a message on the registered mobile number notifying you that the status was updated successfully.
- Finally, you need to go back to the “Account Details” page and click on the “Certificate” tab. Your vaccine passport is now available for download.