What completes our messaging experience on WhatsApp are creative stickers and GIFs. Where GIFs can be created by users with in-built customization options, the users still are relying on third-party apps for installing fun stickers. And we are exactly here to inform you that this problem is getting a permanent fix from WhatsApp. The meta-owned instant messaging platform is now introducing an option to create personalized stickers for user convenience.
WhatsApp is Introducing Personalized Stickers Creating Option
Wabetainfo, a portal that researches and tracks the developments of WhatsApp, has informed the users that WhatsApp has prepared to launch a new feature which will allow the users to create customized stickers by using galley photos. However, only iPhone users having iOS version 16 or above installed on their smartphones will be able to use this feature.
“The report suggests that WhatsApp has silently added the custom sticker-making option for iOS users with version 23.3.77 of WhatsApp for iPhone. Users who have updated with iOS 16 or above can get the update by downloading the latest version of WhatsApp from the Apple App Store. Once updated, iPhone users will be easily able to convert their gallery photos into WhatsApp stickers without relying on any third-party apps,” mentioned India Today.
Why are WhatsApp Customized Stickers Exclusively for iPhone Users?
This answer will be best explained with the example of GIFs and their current usage methods. Personalized GIFs in WhatsApp do not have a dedicated option to create them, and the same goes for stickers also. Currently, WhatsApp is taking the help of iOS 16 API to let users create iconic customized stickers.
Also read:Updated List: WhatsApp to Discontinue for These Smartphones
So, How to Create Customized Stickers on WhatsApp for iPhone?
- First, open the ‘Photos app on your smartphone.
- Next, select the photos and long press it to remove the subjects from the image background.
- Now you drag and drop the extracted subject in the WhatsApp chat.
- While doing the drag-and-drop process, make sure you have WhatsApp opened in the background.
- So, once you have dropped the subject WhatsApp will prompt you to convert it into a sticker.
- Say yes in the option and a new sticker will be added to your collection.