WhatsApp is a billion-dollar venture with over 2 billion active users around the world. The platform always keeps itself busy testing out the most advanced features to launch the most user-friendly abilities. Reportedly, the instant messaging app is likely to get two new very useful features for iPhone users soon. The updates are ready to be rolled out. So, let’s discuss what they are and how they will affect the user experience.
WhatsApp Updates for iOS
Using Voice Notes or Messages as Status
The meta-owned platform is ready to launch a smart feature for iPhone users to share voice notes or messages as status. Previously, users were only allowed to share text, images, GIFs and videos as statuses. And now the users can share a voice message as a status with a runtime of up to 30 seconds. Let’s learn how to share it.
Here are the Steps to Share Voices Notes or Messages as WhatsApp Status
- The first launch of WhatsApp on iPhone
- Next, tap on the ‘Status’ tab placed at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you will see a floating pencil icon placed right next to the My Status option. Click it.
- So, to post a voice message you will now record your voice just like sending it to a personal chat.
- But remember that 30 seconds is the limit.
- Once you have finished recording the message will be saved and you can listen to the voice message again.
- Finally, tap on the send option to share it as a voice message.
Extracting Text from Images
- In addition to Voice Notes Status, WhatsApp has launched a text detection feature which will let users extract text from images. This ability is going to be rolled out for a massive user base.
- This feature will eradicate the need of writing large chunks of text from the images. Users can just extract the entire essay from the images and copy it down to use it in any form.
- As per WABetaInfo, “a WhatsApp news and feature reporting website, the company would be rolling out the feature to everyone after installing the WhatsApp for iOS 23.5.77 update.