WhatsApp can now be used simultaneously on 4 devices at once guaranteeing that their discussions are synchronized, encrypted, and available even when their phone is not connected to the internet and if the primary device of the user is out of power and not available to you. WhatsApp the meta-owned platform announced on Thursday (23 March 2023) the release of a new application tailored for Windows. The new WhatsApp desktop software is now comparable with the WhatsApp mobile application to provide a more quicker and seamless experience to the users.
Users will gain access to additional capabilities such as video and voice calling choices, as well as device linking for practically all devices, after upgrading the WhatsApp program on their Windows desktop. WhatsApp announced in its most recent tweet, “There is no need for a charger. You can now connect WhatsApp to up to four devices now, ensuring that your discussions remain synchronized, encrypted, and accessible even if your phone goes offline.”
How to connect several devices to WhatsApp
- Launch WhatsApp on your principal device associated with your phone number.
- Go to the settings and then click on “linked devices”
- Click on “Link a new device” and follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- To connect to a second device access the WhatsApp Web page in a web browser, just as you would on Windows Desktop (web.whatsapp.com).
- Using your second device, scan the QR code on the site page.
- Allow the devices to sync. Your conversations will be visible on the second device.
- Repeat the process to connect more devices.
- You can now connect up to four devices to your WhatsApp account, and the devices will remain connected to your WhatsApp account as long as they are connected to the internet.
- You can also unlink the smartphone at any moment by exiting the WhatsApp app.
According to the WhatsApp user manual – “At any given moment, you can use up to four connected devices and one phone. End-to-end encryption protects your personal communications, media, and phone conversations. Each linked device connects to WhatsApp independently while retaining the same level of privacy and security that WhatsApp users have come to expect with end-to-end encryption “.