Today, Microsoft reaches an exciting milestone. On October 5, Microsoft now officially launches Windows 11 downloads in India and the rest of the world. Windows 11 has been released as a free upgrade on eligible Windows 10 PCs. Also, the new Windows version is preloaded on Windows PCs from manufacturers like Asus, Acer, HP, Dell, and Lenovo.
Windows 11 is compatible with different factors such as convertibles and 2-in-1 devices alongside traditional desktops and laptops. Furthermore, it works with a range of silicon from companies which includes Intel and AMD.
Through a blog post, Microsoft says that the company is aiming to offer Windows 11 to all eligible Windows 10 devices till 2022. Meanwhile, Microsoft said that Windows 11 will initially be available for newer Windows 10 PCs. New PCs models from manufacturers like HP, Asus, and Lenovo have started manufacturing devices with pre-installed Windows 11.
Want to Get Windows 11 Update On Your Existing PC? Follow These Steps
Throughout September, we have seen Windows 11 supported devices from our partners at ASUS, HP and Lenovo. Sooner or later, manufacturers like Dell, Asus, Samsung, and other partners will also launch new Windows 11 devices. However, if you are the one looking to get Windows 11 on your existing PC, then follow the below steps.
Step 1: Go to the “Windows Update” section.
Step 2: Then, download the “Microsoft’s PC Health” app on your PC to check whether the device is eligible to receive the update or not.
Step 3: If your PC is eligible but the update is yet to arrive then you can get the latest Windows operating system by using Microsoft’s Installation Assistant.
Step 4: You are simply required to hit the “Download Now” button on the Installation Assistant and then follow on-screen instructions.
Windows 11 Features List
- Windows 11 is designed as Microsoft’s most advanced operating system for PCs. The newer Windows version provides a fresh and better user interface including a centrally aligned Start menu and upgraded fonts and notification sounds.
- Moreover, it integrates Microsoft Teams to get connect with others over voice, chat, or video calls.
- Windows 11 also improves multitasking with Snap Layouts and Groups.
- It supports multiple desktops and carries a range of accessibility features such as Narrator, Magnifier, Closed Captions, and Windows Speech Recognition.
- Dedicated features for PC gamers, including DirectX 12 (an option to turn Auto HDR on and off) and DirectStorage.
- Ability to run Android apps in the future.