The income tax return (ITR) filing deadline for Assessment Year (AY) 2022–2023 or Financial Year (FY) 2021–2022 was July 31, 2022. Most taxpayers have already sent in their tax returns. The most recent data on the income tax website indicates that as of September 11th, more than 6.16 crore ITRs for AY 2022-23 had been submitted. The tax department has already processed more than 5 crores ITRs. Receiving their tax refund is the taxpayers’ main concern following the filing of their forms. Refunds for certain taxpayers have not yet arrived. If you belong to that group, then you should know why your IT reimbursement was delayed.
Only until your ITR has been processed and approved will you be given your tax refund. You will get a notification from the Income Tax Department once your return has been processed about it.
You should check the status of the refund if your income tax return has been processed and the refund has been verified but is still pending. On the NSDL website or the income tax e-filing website, you can monitor the status of your refund.
Steps to check refund status through the NSDL website:
- Visit the NSDL site
- Key in your PAN number and relevant Assessment Year.
- Complete the captcha challenger and hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- A window will appear to show the status of your tax refund. If it says “No record found,” the refund has not yet been generated by the Income Tax Department.
Steps to check refund status via income tax e-filing website:
- Visit the tax e-filing site
- Log in to the portal by using your PAN number and Password.
- Look for the e-file option and click on Income Tax returns under it.
- Click on ‘view filed returns’ to find the status.
If there was an issue pre-validating your bank account or if your PAN card wasn’t connected to your bank account, the income tax refund can be delayed. If you haven’t pre-validated the income tax refund, it won’t be credited to your bank account. You must get in touch with your bank to find out if your PAN has been successfully linked to your bank account. Additionally, you can use the Income Tax e-filing portal to file a refund re-issue request if your refund attempt was unsuccessful.
⚡ Join our Telegram Channel (Viral Bake) for the Latest News and Updates