Making life a tad bit more easier for people out there, Google has launched an exciting new feature for its users. The new service actually lets you discover, compare and recharge your prepaid plan using Google Search itself.
The service, which is currently available only for Android users, can be accessed by Airtel, Vodafone-Idea, Jio, BSNL, MTNL, Tata Docomo, Telenor and Tata Indiacom prepaid users. The motive of Google is to lessen people’s dependency on having to run errands to local recharge shops to get their recharge done.
As per a report, India has approximately 1.1 billion cellular connections out of which 95% are prepaid users. And with India being one of the highest consumers of the internet and mobile phone, such a feature seems necessary to make life easier and more digital.
To the ones curious to try the new feature, follow these steps
1. Go to Google and search for “Prepaid Mobile Recharge” or similar queries.
2. Scroll down a little (skipping those ads) and you will see boxes asking you to fill in details like phone number, operator and circle.
3. After filling the details click on Browse plans option.
4. Select whichever plan you like and then click proceed.
5. The payment mode will provide you a list of apps like Freechage, Google Pay, Paytm, etc, to complete the recharge.
6. After the payment is successful, the provider will show a confirmation page. The confirmation page will also consist of an option to contact customer support if there was a problem with the recharge.