The last date to link your Aadhaar Card (or Unique Identification Number) with PAN card is just 12 days away. As per the notification of the Ministry of Finance, the deadline which was earlier set for September 30, 2019, was extended by three months to the year-end.
If you have already done the linking then just relax. However, if you are amongst the late wakers then here is your last chance. Here are the easy to go steps that you need to perform in order to get your Aadhaar card linked with PAN. Check it out.
There are generally two ways to link Aadhaar with PAN card:
- Through the Income Tax Filing Official Website
- Thorugh Mobile SMS
Steps For Linking Through Income Tax e-filing Website
The process here would be different for the registered user and the non-registered users on the platform (website). First, we take a look at the process for registered users on the website.
Process For Registered Users
- Visit the official website of e-filing
- Next Click on Link Aadhar Tab
- Now Login using your PAN number, password and DoB
- Go to Profile Option and select “Link Aadhaar”
- Fill in the details asked for and click on submit
- A message showing successful linking of PAN with Aadhaar would appear if you have submitted everything correctly
Process For Non- Registered Users
- In this case also you have to start by visiting the official website of e-filing
- Click on Link Aadhar Tab
- A new page would open asking Aadhaar and PAN details
- Fill in the details asked for and click submit
- A success message would appear on the screen if you have submitted everything correctly
Steps For Linking Through SMS
One can easily link his Aadhaar with PAN by sending an SMS in a described format to the numbers 567678 or 56161. The format of the SMS shall be:
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><SPACE><10 digit PAN>
Say for example, if Aadhaar number is 111122223333 and PAN is AAAPA9999Q. Then you are required to send SMS as UIDPAN 111122223333 AAAPA9999Q to 567678 or 56161.
There is one more method for linking Aadhaar with PAN card and that’s the manual method.
Here you would be required to visit the PAN service center or service provider that is NSDL or UTIITSL. There you would be required to fill in the form ‘Annexure-I’ along with the supporting documents i.e. copy of PAN card and Aadhaar card.
Unlike online and SMS methods in the manual method, you would be required to pay a prescribed fee for the purpose.