It has become very easy to change the Aadhaar Card photo.
Aadhaar is one of the most important documents that are issued by the government of India. It is required almost everywhere like getting benefits in government schemes. Nowadays it is linked to vehicles, bank accounts, insurance policies, and PAN card.
Aadhaar card contains your Name, DOB, Gender, Photo and Address, and 12-digit numbers that is unique for every person. The Aadhaar card was launched in January 2009 by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Most of us got our Aadhaar Card when we were very young. We do not resemble the Aadhaar card picture anymore. If the picture in the Aadhaar Card is not recognizable it can be a problem. You should read more to know how you can change your picture on your Aadhaar card.
Where To Change Aadhaar Card Photo
You need to go to the Aadhaar Enrollment Center or the Aadhaar Seva Kendra near your place of residence. You can easily find the nearest center on the UIDAI App.
But you need to get an enrollment form from the UIDAI website and fill it out before you go.
Process To Change Aadhaar Card Photo
- Download the Enrollment Form or Correction/Update Form from the Get Aadhaar Section here.
- Fill out this form and submit it to Aadhaar Permanent Enrollment Center.
- Then you will have to give your biometrics to the executive at the center.
- The executive will click your live photo.
- Make a payment of Rs 50 for changing the photo.
- You will get an acknowledgment slip which will have an Update Request Number (URN).
- Check the update by using the given URN number.
- When it’s updated download your Aadhaar online.
Keep These Things In Mind
- You don’t need to submit any document to change your photo.
- Executive will click live photo so don’t carry any photo.
- It might take up to 90 days to reflect the change.
- You can check the status by using URN.