Welcome, let’s start with the highlights of Commonwealth Games 2022 Day 7.
Murali Sreeshankar has now become the first to crack a Medal in Commonwealth Games in the long jump. A 23-year-old earned a silver medal for India in Men’s final at the Alexander Stadium. Hima Das qualified for the semifinal in 200m. Sudhir sets a new record in Para Powerlifting. PV Sindhu and Srikanth both won their matches in Badminton. Amit Panghal, Jaismine Lamboria, Sagar Ahlawat, all reached semifinals in boxing. In Hockey, Men’s team also qualified for the semifinals.
Key Highlights Commonwealth Games 2022 Day 7:
- Murali Sreeshankar won silver for India in the men’s long jump final, PM Modi also hailed him.
- Hima Das qualified for the semifinals after winning 200m with a time of 23:42.
- In the men’s heavyweight final, Sudhir won a gold medal in Para Powerlifting.
- PV Sindhu started the race and won against Nabaaha Abdul Razzaq in women’s singles in round 32. Srikanth also beat Uganda’s Daniel Wanagliya in the men’s singles round of 32.
- Amit Panghal in men’s 51Kg, Jaismine Lamboria in women’s 60Kg, and Sagar Ahlawat in men’s +91Kg, all reached the semi-finals.
- The men’s team wins against Wales and acquires a top spot in the list while qualifying for the semi-finals.