Welcome sports enthusiasts, today we will discuss the highlights of Commonwealth Games 2022 on Day 6 and before proceeding let me tell you that, ‘India has won five gold, six silver, and seven bronze medals so far’.
Here Are The Highlights of Commonwealth Games 2022 In Birmingham Day 6:
- Tajaswin Shankar earned a Bronze Medal with a jump of 2.2m
- Women: In Light Flyweight, Nikhat Zareen beats Helen Jones.
- Men: In Light Heavyweight, Ashish Kumar lost to Aaron Bowen.
- +78 Kg: Tulika Maan lost the match to Sarah Adlington, but bagged a silver.
- Saurav Ghosal won a bronze medal, beating James Willstrop.
- In +109Kg Gurdeep Singh gets a bronze medal.
- Men: In Featherweight, Mohammad Hussamuddin won against Morning Ndevelo.
- Women : In Minimumweight, Nitu Ganghas beats Nicole Clyde.
- Women (Pool A): We won against Canada (3-2).
- Men (Pool B): Won against Canada (8-0)
Squash Plate Finals
- Women: Sunayna Kuruvilla beats Mary Fung-A-Fat (3-0)
Squash Mixed Doubles (32 rounds)
Joshna Chinappa and Harinder Pal Singh Sandhu won against Yeheni Kuruppu/Ravindu Laksiri (2-1)
- Men: 109Kg, Lovepreet Singh gets a Bronze for India
- Women: (87+Kg) Purnima Pandey placed in sixth position, (87 Kg) Usha Bannur finishes sixth as well.