Did you forget your UAN and can’t get your hands on it? If yes, don’t worry because I will share a way to check your PF Balance without your UAN number. Read this article to learn about the topic so that you never have to worry about it ever again.
How to check your balance without your UAN number?
If you want to check your balance and do not have your UAN number handy, then follow the steps mentioned below to check it without UAN:
- Type ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’ in your SMS portal.
- Here, ‘ENG’ stands for the language, you can mention the first three letters of your preferred language.
- Send this SMS to 7738299899 from your registered mobile number.
- You will receive an SMS in return with your PF balance.
Did it not work for you?
If this did not work for you then you may have not been registered with the portal. In this case, let me show you how to go through the process smoothly and check your PF balance.
What is a Provident Fund?
Shortened as PF, Provident Fund is a retirement plan for salaried employees working with organisations with 20 or more employees. Also termed as Employee Provident Fund, it makes for an excellent retirement plan and investment strategy. You can use these funds for emergency cases also.
What is a UAN Number?
UAN is a Universal Account Number that is associated with your EPF account. All your money related to this investment goes into this account number.
Although there are multiple ways to get your UAN, the simplest is to obtain it from your employer.
- You can find your UAN mentioned on your salary slip.
- If not, you can also request your HR to make it available for you.
When can I withdraw my PF?
If you wish to withdraw your PF balance, you can also do it before its maturity time. However, you must withdraw your PF balance upon your retirement after you reach the age of 55. If you retire before the mentioned age, you won’t be able to withdraw your complete PF balance.
You will be entitled to receive 90% of your PF balance a year before retirement, i.e. 54.
How to Register/Activate your UAN?
Once you have obtained your UAN, you are required to register it to check your balance and avail yourself of other related benefits. Here are the steps you need to take to register:
- Go to the official website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization of India.
- Click on the ‘Activate UAN’ on the bottom right corner of the page.
- Fill out the form that appears on the new link.
- Click on the ‘Get Authorization Pin’ button at the bottom.
- Fill in the OTP you will receive on your mobile phone.
- Finally, click on the ‘Activate UAN’ button and register your UAN successfully.
Why can’t I see my PF Balance after registration/activation?
Once you have successfully registered or activated your UAN, you are required to wait for 6 hours before filing a request for checking your PF balance.
How to check EPF Balance?
Once you have activated your UAN and waited for 6 hours, you can use the following ways to check your EPF balance:
As explained above, you can shoot an SMS saying ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’ to 7738299899 from your registered mobile number.
2. EPFO Portal
If you want to check your PF Balance with the help of the EPFO platform, then you need to follow the simple instructions mentioned below:
- Click on the link to reach the EPFO Passbook.
- Put your UAN, Password and Captcha in the given boxes.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button.
- You can check your balance from this portal.
3. Umang Application
You can download the Umang application from your mobile app store and register on it using the required credentials. You can check your PF balance with the help of your mobile number and an OTP sent to it.
4. Missed Call
If your activation, registration and KYC are also complete, then you can request your PF balance with just a missed call. All you need to do is use your registered mobile number to give a missed call on 011-22901406. Your call will get disconnected after 2 rings and you will receive your balance in an SMS form.
Employee Provident Fund is a great investment plan that facilitates your retirement. Everybody should enrol in it for a secure future and painless retirement.
You can learn how to activate your UAN and check your PF balance in this article. Please share this article with people who need to enrich their knowledge on the topic.