Aadhaar, essential identification proof and a necessity to all, in India is also required for availing financial services excluding government programs. This document holds such significance that a child needs it while getting school admission, a teen while applying for his driving licence or opening a bank account and an individual while filing an ITR. Moreover, UIDAI on its official website provides several services related to Aadhaar and one such is downloading this unique 12-digit number carrying document on demand, either in Aadhaar PVC form or in soft copy.
Downloading PVC Aadhaar
“The Unique Identification Authority of India recently introduced safe and secure Aadhaar PVC cards, discouraging cardholders from purchasing their Aadhaar PVC copy in the open market due to security concerns. The agency itself will send these to the cardholders’ addresses,” mentioned dnaindia.
Step-By-Step Guide To Download Aadhaar Card
- First, visit the official website of UIDAI- uidai.gov.in
- Navigate and select the ‘Order Aadhaar Card’ service option.
- Next, fill up this information: your Aadhaar Card (UID) number / 16-digit Virtual Identification (VID) number/ 28-digit Aadhaar enrolment number.
- Next, complete the verification process.
- An OTP will be sent to you on a registered mobile number.
- Submit OTP and confirm the process.
- This will confirm that you have reviewed the details before requesting to print it.
- Now pay ₹50 with any mode of payment including UPI.
- Lastly, download and save the receipt.