Indians are becoming conscious about what they are putting on their plates and this is a very exciting. Since two years we have been living through a global pandemic and it has become important to stay healthy. If you are looking to make a healthy lunch just choose an easy salad recipe and make yourself full.
Salads are made of fresh ingredients like vegetables, fruits, sprouts which give it taste and texture. They are a very versatile thing to play with where you can experiment with different fresh ingredients and dressings. You can also blanch hard vegetables to cook them or you can also steam them. Salads are free of fat and rich in dietary fibre and nutrients.
You can also prepare salads for your evening snack and prevent yourself from eating fried food. Fresh ingredients in salads are also rich in anti oxidants that are good for your overall health. Fibre helps you to lose weight and it also helps you in checking blood sugar levels.
Coconut Mixed Sprouts Easy Salad Recipe
- Boil your mixed sprouts and drain the excess water
- Cut carrot, green chilies, tomato and apples in small pieces
- Chop fresh coriander leaves and keep it aside
- Grate half cup of fresh coconut
- Mix sprouts, coconut and cut fruits and vegetables in a bowl
- Add fresh lime juice, black pepper powder and salt
- Your salad is ready to eat
Tips For Eating Healthy
- Eat breakfast regularly, it is most important meal.
- Take your meals timely.
- Keep your dinner light and eat 3-4 hours before going to bed.
- Keep check on carbohydrate and fat intake.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables regularly.
It is important to control your eating habits and make sure that you are not feeding yourself on excessive junk food. It is fine to have cheat days but in moderation. Keep your pantry updated to use easy salad recipe for meals.