The State Bank of India has recently introduced its WhatsApp banking services for customer convenience. This special service allows customers to access their account balance, mini statement, account information, pension slip, and more through WhatsApp only. They are just required to follow some instructions and every service will be available with a few clicks.
With SBI, other banks have also started offering WhatsApp banking service through secure channels. These services are very user-friendly and quick to access. With SBI, the following account information is available through WhatsApp banking: current account, savings account, NRI account, and proprietary accounts.
Services Offered by WhatsApp Banking Services
These are the following service available for the customers through WhatsApp banking:
- Account Balance Checking
- Mini Account Statement
- Pension Slip for Retired Employees
- Loan Details
- Deposit details
Beside these small banking tasks other major services offered through WhatsApp Banking are:
- Downloading banking forms.
- Locating an ATM.
- NRI services
- Information on opening instant accounts.
- Loan queries.
- Information on contacts and grievance redressal.
- Bank holiday calendar.
- Information on using debit cards.
- Information on cards stolen/lost.
How to Register for SBI WhatsApp Banking Services?
- Open messages
- Create a new message and write a message in this format WAREG>Bank Account Number.
- Send this message to +917208933148 from the registered mobile number.
- Now, you will receive the success message on your WhatsApp linked number.
How to Use WhatsApp Banking Services?
“Once your SBI WhatsApp banking registration is successful, follow below steps to access any of the service.”
- Save the number +919022690226 in your contact list.
- Then launch your WhatsApp.
- Open the contact list and open the chat
- Next, send ‘Hi’ in the conversation.
- Now, the chatbot will send you a numbered list of services you can access.
- Send the number of the services you want to get.