EPFO announced deadline to file e-nomination and link Aadhar number with UAN number. E-nominations will close after December 31, 2021. The name updated through process of e-nomination will be considered to be valid. Any other name given previously will not be valid.
But EPFO Portal server has been down for many days now. People have expressed their concerns on Twitter.
Rajiv Singh tweeted, “@socialepfo 100% it is working like government site. sometime half of the page is loading. we need to fill e -nomination. what we will do now.?”
Avil tweeted, “I’m trying to activate my UAN by going through the website home page – Activate UAN. But the site is down and giving me 503- service unavailable error due to maintenance downtime since morning. Checking if the website will be restored soon.”
Users Demanded Extension
People also asked for extension in deadline due to server error.
Pavan Koppula tweeted, “@socialepfo trying to activate UAN and update E-Nomination before 31st December. UAN portal is not working properly, Is there any extension to update e-nomination.”
How to File EPFO e-Nomination
- Visit https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php and click on ‘Service’.
- Click on the ‘For Employees’ button.
- You will be redirected to a page; then click on the ‘Member UAN / Online Service’ option.
- Now, log in with your UAN ID and password.
- Go to the ‘Manage’ tab in the drop-down menu and select ‘E-Nomination’.
- Select ‘Yes’ and update the family declaration.
- Now, click on ‘Add Family Details’ and select ‘Nomination Details’ from which you can declare the total amount to be shared.
- After this, click on ‘Save EPF nomination’.
- On the next page, click on the ‘e-sign’ option.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number which is linked to your Aadhar card
- Once you enter the OTP and click on the ‘Submit’ button, your nomination process will be completed.