PAN Card has become an important document as it is needed for various purposes including when you file IT returns, open a new bank account, apply for debit or credit cards and many more.
However, people, to cut the time they think it would take to get a PAN card, often don’t help themselves with one, which bars them from many benefits. But with technology surrounding us, things getting simple is obvious and so is getting a PAN card.
Anyone who wishes to get themselves a PAN card must be made aware that Income Tax Department has launched the facility to issue an Instant Permanent Account Number (PAN) to anyone who wishes for one.
In simple words, you can generate the PAN number for yourself while sitting at home and can use it for yourself. All it takes to generate a new PAN number is the Aadhaar number and 10 minutes of your life.
Follow these steps to get a PAN card online:
- Start with visiting the e-filing portal of income tax. There look out for Quick Links (on the left of the screen), find the option ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar‘ and click on it.
- A new page will open. Scroll down and click on the ‘Get New PAN’ option.
- Once done, a new page will open asking for details of your Aadhaar number. Once you enter the Aadhaar number an OTP will be sent to the mobile number that is linked with the Aadhaar card.
- The OTP you have received needs to be entered on the portal for verification.
- Next, the Aadhaar details also need to be certified on the portal.
- Now your email Id will be verified.
- Once done, the e-KYC data of your Aadhaar will be shared with UIDAI and you will receive an Instant PAN.
- You can use the PAN number for whatever reason you seek.
- No documents are needed throughout the provide entire process.
- If you wish, you can order a laminated PAN card at your home address by ordering a reprint of the PAN card for 50 rupees.