The Ministry of Road and Transport Highways (MORTH) on Thursday announced that people no more need to visit the RTO office for as many as 18 services including renewal of driver’s licence, vehicle registration, etc.
These services will now be provided via the Aadhaar-authentication based contactless service. However, anyone who doesn’t wish to seek the online mode can still access these services from the RTO office.
Also Read: Rahul Gandhi’s Recent ‘Abs Picture’ Has Even Congress Haters Drooling
“Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now these services can be availed without going to RTO. With Aadhaar authentication, on voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services,” MORTH posted on their official Twitter handle.
The new development comes after the Union government issued a draft notification for linking driving licence and RC with the Aadhaar Card.
Also Read: After Myntra, Amazon Changes Its Icon As Netizens Compare It To Hitler’s Mustache
“This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle free, contact less manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase efficiency of the RTO offices as well,” ministry wrote in a separate Twitter post.
Below is the list of services that users can now enjoy from the comfort of home:
- Learner’s licence
- Renewal of driving licence for which test of competence to drive is not required
- Duplicate driving licence
- Change of address in driving licence and certificate of registration
- Issue of international driving permit
- Surrender of class of vehicle from licence
- Application for temporary registration of motor vehicle
- Registration of motor vehicle with fully built body
- Application for issue of duplicate certificate of registration
- Application for grant of NOC for certificate of registration
- Notice of transfer of ownership of motor vehicle
- Application for transfer of ownership of motor vehicle
- Intimation of change of address in certificate of registration
- Application for registration for driver training from accredited driver training centre
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of diplomatic officer
- Assignment of fresh registration mark of motor vehicle of diplomatic officer
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement
Also Read: ‘Phunsukh Wangdu’ Develops Solar Heated Tent For Indian Army For Cold Regions Like Galwan
Recently, the Transport Ministry has also announced compulsory FASTag for all vehicles in the country. Any vehicle to pass through the toll plazas without a FASTag will now have to pay double the toll.