The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the Aadhaar number producing and regulating authority has cleared some doubts about which details you can get to be modified on your Aadhaar Card.
Details You Can Change On Your Aadhaar Card
So, the UIDAI allows the Aadhaar Cardholders to change their details like name, phone number, address, date of birth etc.
The types of Aadhaar details a user can get changed are:
- Demographic Details
- Biometric Info
Demographics Changes In Aadhaar
Under demographic changes ID holders can get their name modified, “Date of Birth/Age, Gender, Mobile Number, Email Address, Relationship Status and Information Sharing Consent”.
Under biometric details, the changes that can be made on the Aadhaar card are “Iris, Fingerprints and Facial Photograph.”
Changing Your Photo On Aadhaar Card
Presently, you cannot change your Aadhaar Card photo online but this doesn’t mean that this is the only way. If you are having major issues with your photo on this ID then you are free to visit enrollment centres to update a new photo on your Aadhaar.
Here are the instructions:
- Go to the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre after making a prior appointment as it is either online or offline.
- Fill out the required form there.
- Submit the form to the executive at Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
- To proceed further the executive will verify your biometrics and will capture a new photo.
- There are no additional documents required to get your Aadhaar photo changed.
- Pay the fee, which is ₹100 for changing or updating your photo.
- Receive the acknowledgement slip.
- Now your new photo will be updated within 90 days of the correction on your Aadhaar Card. after that, you apply for a new PVC or a normal aadhaar.