To offer convenience to its members, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation or EPFO is allowing them to file e-nominations earlier this year.
“The e-nomination helps in transferring the earnings and benefits of the EPF account holders to their dependents in case of the sudden demise of the account holder. It allows the nominee(s) such as the spouse, children, and dependent parents to withdraw the accrued amount from EPF, Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS), and Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI).”
There is no deadline for file e-nominations but EPFO is insisting its users complete the process early for smooth and convenient service benefits without circling their offices physically.
Here Are The Simple Instructions To File EPFO e-Nominations Online.
- First, visit EPFO’s official website with this link.
- Now login with your credentials, such as UAN and password.
- It will show you a pop-up sign as soon as you log in.
- Press ‘File Now’ on the pop-up.
- It will then take you to the next page to ask you for a family declaration, click ‘yes’.
- Now update your family details such as their aadhaar number, name, photo, birth date, gender, etc.
- Remember you can add one or more nominees,
- Next, you will have to declare the amount of share to nominees and click on ‘save EPF nomination’.
- For the final step complete the verification process through ‘e-sign’ which will be aadhaar based.
- After completing this process your nominees will register on the EPFO database