E-Ration Card is a facility to obtain a ration card for citizens that is offered by several State Governments. This facility was first introduced in Delhi on March 27, 2015. This e-service allows citizens living in urban or rural areas to get valid ration cards without physical approach or paperwork. Mainly, the efficiency of the ration card distribution system was heightened by many times.
E-Ration Card Service Details
Only the beneficiaries who have their mobile numbers and Aadhaar cards linked to their ration cards are eligible to get an e-ration card.
Benefits of E-Ration Card
- E-Ration cards have the same importance as digitised ration cards.
- All authorities accept e-ration cards the same as digitised ones.
- It’s very easy to verify. A person can verify an e-ration card through the QR code and website of the department by entering the eRC number.
- Citizens can also download a copy of their e-ration cards from the official website.
- Beneficiaries can get the rations from depots just after the next working day after getting approval.
- Holders will need not carry a physical copy to get services.
Here Are The Steps To Download Ration Card Online:
- First visit the official website of the PDS of your State- nfsa.gov.in, which are different for every state.
- On the homepage of the website, you will find many different services that are offered.
- Navigate and click on ‘Print Ration Card.
- Next, fill up all the details asked.
- In the blank space given on the page enter the details of the old ration card or your application number.
- On the next page, you will be shown the details of your ration card.
Steps To Check Ration Card Status Online:
- Access to the official website of ration cards.
- Select the ‘Check Application Status’ option.
- Enter your application number.
- Your application status will now be displayed.