Every service is available online, it’s just a click away to order a exquisite meal, book your favourite restaurant, or movie tickets, book a ride to home or office, pay your electricity bill, recharge services for your electronic devices and much more. Similarly the Railway services from IRCTC works, I hope you get my point.
IRCTC Online Services
Railway Station should be the very last option to go if all the online services fail for a person. With the latest services offered by IRCTC, you can not only book tickets online but also verify your PNR or Passenger Name Record status.
PNR is a unique number assigned while booking tickets to every individual. By accessing this PNR status you will know your train name and number, assigned berth and coach number, your ticket booking confirmation status and more.
Multiple apps like Paytm and IRCTC and websites are available for the passengers to check their PNR status. Even after boarding the train, you can get access to track your train journey, and estimated time to reach the destination.
How To Check IRCTC PNR Status?
- Use the official website of the Indian Railway to check your PNR status.
- Visit the official website.
- After landing on the page open ‘PNR Enquiry’ that will appear at the top of the website.
- On the next page, you will see the option ‘enter your PNR number and you will have to fill it.
- After that, you will reach the next page which will show every detail we have mentioned above.
There are many other ways to check the PNR status like via SMS or using the Paytm app by going through the option ‘Train Tickets’.
How To Check PNR Using SMS?
“You can either send a text on ‘139’, a 3-digit number given by IRCTC, or you can send an SMS to 5676747 to get PNR status delivered right into your inbox.”