The Income Tax Department of India has made it very clear that the last date to link your PAN and Aadhaar will not be extended again. It has been postponed multiple times and now March 31, 2023, is the final date.
Linking PAN and Aadhaar
As per the advisory released by the Government, if you fail to link your PAN and Aadhaar before the deadline, then the PAN Card will become inoperative. Thus, you will not be able to avail PAN related services and not be able to file an income tax return.
“It is mandatory. Don’t delay, link it today! As per the I-T Act, it is mandatory for all PAN-holders who do not fall under the exempt category, to link their permanent account numbers (PAN) with their Aadhaar before March 31, 2023. From April 1, 2023, the unlinked PAN shall become inoperative,” reads the advisory released by the I-T Department.
Also readYou Should Link Your LIC Policy With PAN Card Before March 31st
Steps to Link PAN With Aadhaar:
- If you want to link your PAN and Aadhar with an SMS service then send an SMS to either 567678 or 56161 with your registered mobile number.
- First, visit the official website of the income tax department.
- Register yourself first if you haven’t already.
- Now enter the information like PAN Card as user id, password and DOB to log in.
- Go to ‘Profile Settings’ given on the menu bar, and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ on the homepage.
- Enter your details as per mentioned in your Aadhaar Card.
- If applicable then you will have to check the ‘I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card’ box.
- Now verify yourself with the captcha code and submit it.
Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option.
- Submit your application after thoroughly checking the details you have entered.