Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited aka IRCTC that till now used to let users book train tickets online has now launched an online bus booking service too. The new service, which went live on Friday, is a step towards the government initiative to make IRCTC the ‘One Stop Shop Travel Portal’ of the country.
Informing about the same, IRCTC in a statement said, “IRCTC under the leadership of Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution is gradually moving towards firmly positioning itself as the first government ‘One Stop Shop Travel Portal’ of the country,” IRCTC said in a statement.
Also Read: It’s Weekend, & People Are Drooling Over These Dreamy Pics Of Fresh Snowfall In North India
“In a recent development for providing a more holistic travel experience to the customers, IRCTC that is already in the business of online rail and flight tickets booking launched its online bus booking services that went live for the service of the nation on 29th January 2021,” it added.
In total, IRCTC has tied up with over 50,000 state road transport including private bus operators to cover 22 states and three union territories in the initial phase. IRCTC promises to introduce more buses in the near future across many more routes in the country.
Also Read: This State Will Now Check Your ‘Social Media Behaviour’ Before Giving You Passport
Here is everything you need to know about IRCTC’s new bus booking portal:
- The website, as of now, allows anyone to book a maximum of six tickets in one transaction.
- Users can also book all fleets of state road transport corporation buses including UPSRTC, APSRTC, GSRTC, OSRTC, Kerala RTC, etc.
- The best part? Before booking a bus, customers can check its real pictures to make a better choice as per their convenience.
- As of now, the service can only be accessed through IRCTC’s website. However, the integration of the service over IRCTC Mobile-app will be accomplished by March.
- Besides the pictures of the bus, you can also get a glimpse of its amenities, reviews, ratings, etc.
- You as a customer can also choose your pick-up and drop points and timings and avail e-wallet discounts before booking.
- For further booking related details, visit http://bus.irctc.co.in
Also Read: LPG Cylinder To Get Costlier By Rs 25 From Today, Check New Prices Here