In case you have left your current job for better career opportunity and you are a member of the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme along with the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS), then you should acquire an EPS Pension Certificate to get your EPF account transferred.
Getting An EPS Pension Certificate
“EPS scheme certificates are issued as mandated under the Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995. These certificates are issued when an EPF member ceases to be a part of the EPF Scheme. This can happen when an employee switches jobs or completely exits from EPF by withdrawing money from the EPF account before retirement age,” said Mallika Noorani, from Parinam Law Associates.
As per the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, “an employee can withdraw all the money from her EPF account even before reaching retirement age and close the account if she has not been in employment for more than two months. However, in the case of the EPS or pension scheme, the individual will get a lump sum payment only if the service or employment period is less than 10 years. An EPF member who has not completed 10 years of service can get the pension certificate if she does not wish to avail of the lump sum withdrawal benefit.”
Steps To Get EPS Scheme Certificate or Form 10C Online:
- First, log in to the official UAN portal.
- Login with your UAN and password.
- From the menu tab select ‘online service’ and then select ‘claim (Form- 31, 19 and 10C)’.
- Now enter your bank account number and click on ‘Verify’ to proceed. Then click on ‘certificate or undertaking’ and finally tap on ‘Yes’.
- Next, to confirm, click on the ‘I want to apply for‘ section and click on ‘only pension withdrawal (Form 10C)’.
- Now, enter your address as registered on your EPFO records, then click on the disclaimer and tap on ‘get Aadhaar OTP.’
- The OTP will be received on your registered mobile number.
- Now submit the OTP and then tap on ‘validate OTP and submit form’.