Employee Provident fund (EPF) is termed as an ideal investment scheme for any salaried employee, owing to its E-E-E (exempt-exempt-exempt) nature. In other words, investment in EPF, interest from EPF and withdrawal from EPF after 5 years is exempt. Here, we will discuss the process for online PF transfer.
Keep The Following Documents Ready Before Transferring The PF Online
Earlier, the PF transfer was possible online under ‘Online Transfer Claim Portal‘. Now, the process has been revised and shifted under ‘unified portal’ from Online Transfer Claim Portal. However, to make an online PF transfer, make sure for the following:
- Ensure you have activated your UAN in the UAN portal and the mobile number used for activation should also be active
- Your bank IFSC code and bank account should be seeded against the UAN Seeding Aadhar number
- You should have done the e-KYC
- It is important to have digitally registered authorized signatories in EPFO
- Enter both previous and current PF account numbers in the EPFO database
Steps To Transfer PF Online
Step 1: Log in to the Unified portal (member interface) by using your UAN number and password
Step 2: After login, hit ‘One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)’ under Online Services
Step 3: Verify your personal information and PF account
Step 4: Add PF account details of previous employment by clicking on ‘Get details’ below.
Step 5: Now, you will get the option of choosing either the current or previous employer for attesting the claim form depending on the availability of the authorized signatory holding DSC.
Step 6: The next step is to click on ‘Get OTP’ to receive OTP and click on submit.