There is news for all ration card beneficiaries. The rule is changed, now government has made it mandatory to link Aadhar Card with Ration Card.
Beneficiaries get ration at lower price through ration card but now they can get more benefits. Central Government has launched ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme.
Millions of people take benefits of ration card in India. You can take benefits of ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme only when they link their ration card with Aadhar card. Under this scheme you can get benefits from any state in the country. Earlier people used to take benefits only in their home state.
Steps To Link Ration Card-Aadhar Card Online
- Go to official website of UIDAI.
- Then Click on ‘Start Now’
- Fill your Address with District and State.
- Click on Ration Card Benefit
- Fill Aadhar Card number, Ration Card number, e-mail and mobile number.
- You will get OTP on your mobile phone
- Enter OTP
- You will get confirmation message.
How To Link Ration Card-Aadhar Card Offline
Gather Aadhar card, Ration card and photocopies of each and passport size photograph. Go to nearest ration center and get it linked. You may also need to provide your biometrics at the ration center.
Advantages Of Linking Aadhar Card
- Elimination of duplicate cards.
- Any fraudulent activity can be checked.
- You will not have to face problem of multiple cards in same name.
- Biometrics enabled system will help identification of genuine beneficiaries.
- Leakage or diversion of PDS ration can be stopped.
- Linking can help in transparent audits and identify people who are involved in corruption.
- You can get benefits in any state of India irrespective where you are from. This is phenomenal for migrated labors.