It’s frustrating when you try to enter your UPI PIN, that you remembered correctly for sure, but the app says “You have entered an incorrect UPI PIN”. In this condition you can’t even make a payment of ₹1 through UPI and resetting your PIN will be the best option. Because if you enter the wrong UPI PIN multiple times then after three attempts you will be blocked. But what if you don’t have a debit or ATM card to reset the PIN? It will be troublesome right? Moreover, the habit of carrying cash is now gone in most citizens with UPI’s arrival.
Resetting UPI PIN Without ATM or Debit Card
UPI or Unified Payments Interface is one of the most innovative and convenient online payment methods created by the National Payments Corporation of India. It was an extremely advanced and successful move that the Indian Government made to digitize cash transactions. Now the UPI transactions, in terms of volume, are counted in billions.
However, to use this quick and instant payment method, a person is required to install one of such UPI-based payment applications: Paytm, BHIM, GPay, & PhonPe. After that users will need to link their bank account through Debit Card and generate their UPI PIN. But when they forget their UPI PIN, then they need to reset it through the same ATM card. So, it can be very troublesome to not have one and we are here to tell you how to rest without it.
Steps To Reset Your UPI PIN Without Debit or Credit Card:
- First your preferred UPI application like Paytm, PhonePe, GPay, etc.
- Then access your profile section.
- Got to profile settings.
- Then navigate to Change UPI PIN.
- Next, select a bank account for which you want to change the PIN.
- Then tap again to change the PIN.
- Lastly, select the option ‘I remember my old UPI PIN’ and do not select through ATM.
- To finish the process follow the rest of the instructions in the app and get your new PIN.