Known by its short form SBI, the State Bank of India has set up a new feature that enables the SBI Pensioners to submit their life certificate in the comfort of their homes.
Find the video for the steps below:
Video Life Certificate is shortened as VLC which is a service for pensioners that they can use to submit their life certificate or as they term it in Hindi, Jeevan Pramaan. It is a certificate that they were required to submit every year in November in order to continue drawing pension. It basically proves that they are alive. Initially they were supposed to visit the branch physically but now they can use this service from their home.
How to make a Video Call for VLC?
Here are some simple steps required to submit your life certificate through Video Life Certificate (VLC):
- Visit the official website of SBI PensionSeva and click on ‘VideoLC’ given at the top.
- Fill in the required details including your account number and CAPTCHA.
- Check the box to authorise the bank to use your Aadhaar Card.
- Click on the ‘Validate Account’ button given on the page.
- If eligible for VLC, an OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number.
- Punch in this OTP in the given field to take the validation process further.
- Now confirm and submit the mandatory certificates by checking the given boxes.
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ button to get redirected to the VLC landing page.
- Follow the instructions and share the permissions required by the VLC on your device.
- Now either wait for someone to connect or schedule an appointment for the preferred time.
- You can join the video call 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time & wait for the bank official to connect.
- Once connected, the bank official will take the pensioner to the further process.
- The process will involve a verification code that is supposed to be shared with the bank official.
- The pensioner will also be required to show some documents like PAN Card.
- At last, the Bank Official would want to take a picture of the pensioner.
- Once the session is over, the pensioner will receive an SMS on their registered mobile number.