Are you ready to lose your diary or book like Driving License and get smart with the Smart Card Driving License? If yes, then read this article to learn about the steps you need to take to get one for yourself.
A Smart Card Driving Licence is a plastic card which pretty much looks like a debit or credit card. It is embedded with a microprocessor chip that has 64 kb of memory to store information about the holder of the driving licence.
How to apply for a Smart Card Driving Licence?
If you are ready to get your smart Driving Licence then follow these steps mentioned below without wasting much time. Make sure you carefully read it and then go ahead with the process to get your licence:
- Go to the official government website to apply for a Driving Licence in India online.
- Select your respective State on the homepage.
- Select the “Apply for Driving License” link from the given options.
- Press Continue Button to step into the further process.
- Provide details of your Learner’s Licence Number and other required personal details.
- Scan and upload your passport-size photograph and signature among the rest of the documents like address proof, age proof and identity proof.
- Select the date and time for your DL appointment.
- May your final payment and your application will be successfully sent to the RTO.
- You can visit the RTO office and take your DL test on the selected date.
In this article, we learnt how to apply for a Smart Card Driving Licence. It has a simple process which has been broken down into smaller steps and mentioned in this article. Please go through them and get your smart card DL just like I did.
Also, share this article with people who are still using the driving licence in the form of a diary.