Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identity number provided by the UIDAI to the residents of India after a certain verification process
The 12-digit Aadhaar unique identifying number now makes it possible for you to view the amount of your bank account. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) states that individuals must link their Aadhaar cards to their bank accounts and mobile numbers. Since this service can be accessed without an Internet connection, it is simpler for senior citizens, those without smartphones, and individuals with disabilities to check and confirm their bank information without having to go to a bank branch.
Follow these steps to check bank balance using Aadhaar
- Step 1: Dial *99*99*1# from your registered mobile number
- Step 2: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number for verification
- Step 3: Confirm your Aadhar number by entering it again
- Step 4: You will receive an SMS from UIDAI with the bank balance displayed on the screen
What is Aadhaar?
The UIDAI issues inhabitants of India with Aadhaar, a 12-digit unique identity number, following a particular verification procedure. People must supply basic demographic and biometric data, such as their name, date of birth or age, gender, address, phone number, and email address (optional), as well as their fingerprints, iris scans, and a facial photograph, in order to obtain an Aadhaar number.
Three ways to link Aadhaar and PAN:
- Step 1: Online linking without logging in to the income tax e-filing portal.
- Step 2: Online linking using the account.
- Step 3. Linking PAN-Aadhaar via SMS.
Linking without logging in to the Income Tax e-filing portal
- Step 1: Open www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on the “Link Aadhaar” tab.
- Step 2: Enter your PAN, Aadhaar, and Name (as on Aadhaar). Submit the details and the linking will be confirmed after verification from UIDAI.
Online linking using Income Tax account
- Step 1: Log in to your income tax e-filing portal using the User ID, password, and date of birth. If not registered yet, make the account first.
- Step 2: As soon you login, a pop-up notification will alert you to link your PAN and Aadhaar. Click on it. If there is no notification, go to “Profile Settings” on the top bar and click on “Link Aadhaar”.
- Step 3: The details of your name and birth will already be there on the screen. Add your Aadhaar and captcha code and click on the “Link Aadhaar”.
- Step 4: A pop-up message will inform you that the Aadhaar number has been successfully linked to your PAN.
Linking PAN-Aadhaar via SMS
You can also link the numbers using SMS. Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in the following format:
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>
To check if PAN and Aadhaar are linked
- Step 1: Go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/aadhaarstatus.
- Step 2: Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number and click on “View Link Aadhaar Status”. The status of the linking will be displayed on the next screen
⚡ Join our Telegram Channel (Viral Bake) for the Latest News and Updates