Aadhaar Card, an essential document for today’s India. It’s a unique 12 digit unique identity number assigned to every living individual in India. With it there can be severe difficulties for an individual from getting admission in school to get hired by an employer. Aadhaar Card contains personal and sensitive information like name, registered mobile number, DOB, residential address and more. Moreover, your biometric data is also recorded by the Aadhaar card producing, assigning and managing authority UIDAI.
How To Change Registered Mobile Number In Aadhaar Card?
Many times, UIDAI has urged people to always check your personal details on your Aadhaar card and registered mobile. This way they can be sure that their mentioned information is correct and there is no fraudulent activity going on. And there are several other reasons for which you may wish to change your registered mobile number in Aadhaar like number getting lost, force closure from company side etc.
Here are the steps to follow to change your Aadhar number:
- Visit the nearest Aadhar centre.
- Fill the aadhaar update form.
- Submit it to the executive.
- Of course along with the form you will have to pay the applicable fee, which is ₹50.
- “Aadhar Executive will give an acknowledgment receipt containing the Update Request Number (URN). You can check the status of the update through the URN number.”
- Within 90 days your Aadhar number will get updated in the Aadhaar database.
How To Link Your Mobile Number With an Aadhaar Card?
- Visit the official website of Indian Postal Service.
- You will need to fill in all the details including name, address, phone number, email address, and other essential information.
- Find the option “PPB- Aadhaar Service” as service type.
- Now select “UIDAI-Mobile/Email to Aadhaar linking/update from the menu.”
- After filling the details you will have to click the right options and Request OTP.
- OTP will be sent to your registered number.
- Then select ‘Confirm Service Request’, button, “A Reference Number will be given to you, and you can use it to check on the progress of your application”
- “After the request is successfully submitted, it will be sent to a post office nearby”.
- “The officer in charge of the Aadhar update/linking task shall carry out the verification process. The officer will come to your home and use a mobile biometric gadget to conduct the verification process (For iris, fingerprints and photographs).”
- “After finishing the update/linking procedure, he or she will bill you for the service.”