Sometimes, people can’t use their train tickets at the last minute due to emergencies or changes in plans. Now, Indian Railways lets you transfer your ticket to a family member instead of losing it. It’s a simple way to make sure your ticket doesn’t go to waste.
How to Utilize this Feature to Transfer Railway Ticket
Just remember, whether you’re a government employee or not, you can transfer your ticket to someone else. Just make sure to put in the request at least 24 hours before the train leaves, and the ticket will be good to go for the new passenger.
If you’re a government employee with plans for a festival, wedding, or a personal issue, remember to request a ticket transfer 48 hours before your train departs. NCC candidates can do the same. Also, the new passengers should carry a valid government ID for verification during the journey.
Steps to Transfer Indian Railway Reserved Tickets to Another Passenger:
- Step 1: Print your ticket.
- Step 2: Go to the nearest railway station and head to the reservation counter.
- Step 3: Carry ID proof like an Aadhar card, PAN card, or Voter’s ID for the person you’re transferring the ticket to. You might need to share a copy of your ID too.
- Step 4: Apply for the ticket transfer at the counter with all the necessary documents.
- Step 5: Once done, the ticket smoothly transfers to the new traveller taking your place.
If someone cancels a confirmed ticket, the Ministry of Railways makes sure it helps those on the waiting list. The first person on the list gets the seat, and if you’re the confirmed passenger, Indian Railways lets you know with a quick message.