Indian “Vande Bharat” train will soon introduce additional features in addition to existing ones. It will include few newest features like four emergency windows for easy evacuation of passengers.
Railway officials told in a PTI that the Vande Bharat coaches will now have four emergency lights in each coach. These lights can be used in a disaster situation if the normal lights fail during that time. Additionally, the number of emergency buttons has also increased from two to four.
Also Read: No Phone, Laptop Charging Facility On Trains From 11 PM To 5 AM From Now, Here’s Why
Apart from all these, the centralized coach monitoring system for climate control and all electrical controls and functioning of other important systems of the Vande Bharat Express train is set to be introduced. The first prototype rake with these features is dispatched in March next year and will be put for commercial service tentatively by June 2022.
Honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Independence Day that the 75 new Vande Bharat Express trains will be launched by 15 August 2023. PM Modi announced that “The 75 Vande Bharat trains will be connecting every corner of the country in 75 weeks of Amrit Mahotsav of Independence,” announced PM Modi. In 75 weeks of the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, 75 ‘Vande Bharat’ trains will connect different parts of the country.”
Highlights Of The Vande Bharat Train Modern Features
- Push back arrangement for reclining of seats
- Bacteria-free air conditioning system
- Centralised Coach Monitoring System for monitoring all electrical, climate control, and vital systems onboard
- Four emergency windows for easier evacuation of passengers in case of any emergency, accident
- Better flood protection of underframe equipment is especially meant to ensure safety during monsoon
- Four disaster lights in each coach in case of failure of all other lights
- Availability of ventilation for up to 3 hours in case of power failure
- Four emergency push buttons in each coach
However, the existing amenities of the train are onboard infotainment, CCTV cameras, GPS-based passenger information system, automatic sliding doors with retractable coach footsteps, and zero discharge vacuum-based bio-toilets.