Are you 18 already? If yes, and you haven’t gotten your voter ID card made, then you need to get it done ASAP. It is important to have your voter ID card as it is one of the most important documents that proves your nationality and authorization to vote for the upcoming election.
To get your Voter ID Card made, you can either go for an online or offline method. For the offline method, you need to visit the Election Commission Office and for the online process, you can visit the official website of the Election Commission. Let see the simple process for applying for the Voter ID in this article:
How to apply for the Voter ID online?
To apply for the Voter ID online, you are required to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Election Commission of India or go to the direct link.
- To find the Form 6-Register as a New Elector/Voter, you need to register with the website.
- Once the registration process is completed, fill out this form using the correct credentials.
- The process will require you to add details of an already enrolled family member, so keep that in handy.
- Upload the supporting documents which are required by the process.
- Finally submit your application and wait for the process to be completed.
- Once you are enrolled in the voter’s list, your name will be on the state’s Chief Electoral Officer’s website.
How to download Voter ID online?
Once you have completed the registration process and successfully created your voter ID, you can download the card with the help of the following points:
- Visit the direct link at the official website of the Election Commission of India.
- Login to the NVSP Portal using your credentials.
- Enter your EPIC number or Reference number in the given field.
- Use the OTP sent to the registered mobile number to move further with the process.
- After this, you will be able to download your Voter ID.
This article covered two aspects related to the Voter ID: How to apply for Voter ID and How to download the Voter ID online. Since you have come to the end of the article, I am sure you have learnt how to do both of these things and you were able to apply for the same.
Please share this article with people who are either about to turn 18 or have crossed this age and are yet to file for a Voter ID.