Want to withdraw money from your EPF account? Well, you can, but there are some technicalities involved. If you are an Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) subscriber and want to withdraw money from your EPF account to your savings or personal account directly, then you can do that.
To carry forward the withdrawal, all you need to do is update your existing bank (like your personal account) account with the PF account.
People usually update their new bank account with the PF account in two instances. First, if the bank account that was earlier linked with the EPF account has been closed by the bank due to inactivity, or secondly if one has accidentally closed the bank account that was earlier linked to the PF account. Well, you can always correct the mistake by following these simple steps:
How to update your new bank account detail with the EPF account?
- Go to the ‘Unified Members Portal‘ and log in using your username and password.
- Then click on the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Find and select the ‘KYC’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Now select the bank and fill required details like bank account number, name and IFSC code and click ‘Save’.
- Once the information given is approved by the employer, the approved KYC section will appear and thus your new bank account information will be updated with the EPF account.
If you want to check your EPF balance, there are as many as 4 ways to do so. The two of them are mentioned below.
- To check your PF balance via SMS, Type EPFOHO UAN ENG and send it to 7738299899.
- You can also give a missed call to 011-22901406, from the mobile number that is linked with your EPF account, to get EPF account balance details.