After Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) rolled out the new date sheet for class 10th and 12th board exams on Monday guidelines came on Wednesday. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) spelled out the guidelines for the conduct of the remaining board exams.
Home Minister Amit Shah tweeted that ministry has granted CBSE exemption from the lockdown measures for conducting the exams. The minister also tweeted a picture that listed down the measures and guidelines. The important guidelines mentioned include:
- No examination center will be permitted in the containment zone.
- Wearing of face masks by teachers, staff, and students will be mandatory.
- There shall be a provision of thermal screening and sanitizer at the centers and social distancing in all the examination centers.
- Special buses may be arranged by the states and UTs for transportation of the students to the examination centers.
- In view of the examination to be conducted by different boards, their examination schedules should be staggered.
As per new date sheets the exams would be conducted from 1st July to 15th July. The results are expected to be announced by the end of July or early August as per CBSE. Meanwhile, some of the state boards like Chattisgarh have decided to not conduct the remaining exams.
In such states students would be promoted based on the assessment of their previous exams and scores in assignments and projects. Dates of exams like JEE Main, NEET, and JEE Advanced have been announced earlier.